Rhinoplasty surgery helps people reshape or repair their nose to correct structural problems or for cosmetic reasons. Mostly, surgeons perform the surgery through nostrils which means that there will be no any visible cuts on the face. The surgery can help you boost your confidence since it improves your nose proportion and appearance. This form of plastic surgery also helps in correcting breathing problems which may result from structural abnormalities in your nose. Plastic surgeons, ear nose specialists and throat surgeons can perform rhinoplasty.
Surgeons perform almost all rhinoplasty operations through the nostrils. This means that there will be no resultant visible cuts or scars to the face. There are some operations that may require a cut to the tissues between your nostrils.
Rhinoplasty surgery in London can change the size of the nose, the width and the profile. The surgery can also alter the tip of your nose, its balance and shape – nasal symmetry. This surgery can augment or reduce the structures of your nose structures using cartilage grafted form other body parts. At times, a surgeon may use a cartilage piece from the ear and rib cartilage section.
If you are more concerned about your appearance or you are thinking about cosmetic treatments which will boost your confidence, you may also consider alternatives. The alternatives include accepting your self how you are and changing your lifestyle.
The conditions that Rhinoplasty corrects
Some of the problems that Rhinoplasty surgery corrects include:
• Broken nose
• Nasal structure issues due to injuries or from nose birth defects
• Nasal obstruction
• Self conscious about shape and size of the nose
Things that you might need to consider before going for the surgery
Before opting for rhinoplasty surgery there are some important issues to keep in mind. They include:
• Your surgeon may only work with your existing cartilage and bone structure and there will be limits to the extent you can alter your nose. Therefore, you should ensure that your surgeon understands why you need the operation. This way they will easily decide on the best method to reconstruct your nose to your satisfaction.
• If you are in need to repair a broken nose, you should seek medical help immediately. Otherwise, swelling of your nose tissues will delay the surgery for five days.
• Surgery to improve obstructed airways might need careful nasal structure evaluation since it relates to breathing and airflow. It is important that the rhinoplasty surgery doesn’t affect your breathing. This can prevent you from having other procedures. If your septum is deviated, a surgeon may recommend its straightening and the reduction of the projections inside the nose to improve breathing.
• It may take you up to 12 months to observe final results. Therefore, waiting before making a decision for further surgery is important.
• You should also think about the costs related to this form of surgery. Generally, cosmetic surgeries do not qualify discounts from private or Medicare health insurance companies.
• As a smoker, you will be at a higher risk of increased complications. And if you are serious about undergoing this form of surgery, consider quitting smoking.
Finding a cosmetic surgeon
Ask your physician for advice on a reputable and specialized surgeon or a hospital where this form of surgery is performed. During your first consultation, ask your surgeon about their experience and training. Preferably, a reputable professional specially trained in performing rhinoplasty and who have enough experience in conducting the operation should perform the rhinoplasty surgery uk.
Benefits of rhinoplasty surgery
Rhinoplasty is beneficial in several ways. The following are some of the benefits you get from the surgery:
• Easier breathing
Some people find it hard to take a deep breath through their nose due to nasal blockage which may result from misshapen septum. A qualified cosmetic surgeon can reshape your inner nose to repair the tissues and therefore allow you to breathe naturally.
• Sleep better
Your body requires 6-9 hrs of restful sleep every night in order to maintain a good health. But unfortunately, the structural irregularities around your nasal cavity may cause sleep apnea, excessive snoring and other breathing difficulties. Rhinoplasty combined with some other procedures used to reshape the inner nasal passageways can eliminate the problems.
• Improved self esteem
Decision to go for rhinoplasty surgery is personal. The surgery can be life changing point for people who struggle a lot with self-esteem and other problems resulting from the size and shape of their nose.
Rhinoplasty patients should be healthy and above 16 years. Furthermore, they should have realistic expectations on the results.